Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Exhibit 4.22 Advanced ﬁlter example
5. It is important to think of the cells within a row as creating And conditions and
the various rows creating Or conditions.
6. This logic can be confusing, so I suggest you perform a number of tests on the
database to conﬁrm your understanding of the query results.
7. To return to the full database, click on the Clear button in the Sort and Filter
Let us consider some more complex Advanced Filter queries. The query will
focus on three ﬁelds and use three rows in the Criteria range to determine the
1. What sales records of Toyota are due to Bill for amounts above $22 k?
2. What sales records of Ford are due to Kenji for amounts below $25 k?
3. What sales records are for Sedans (Sdn)?