Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Exhibit 4.26 Filter date entries for question 2
for selecting the operation to be performed—9 is the code that executes the sum
of all visible rows, 4 is max, 5 is min, and 2 executes the count of all visible
rows. See the Excel Help utility to ﬁnd the appropriate code numbers for each
The following are the steps required to perform the ﬁlter and analysis discussed
above and are shown in Exhibit 4.26:
1. Set the Filter tool in the Data ribbon for the titles of the ﬁelds in the database.
2. Select the ﬁeld Date Rcvd. From the pull down menu, and then select Custom .
3. Within Custom , set the ﬁrst condition to “ is after or equal to ” and specify the
4. Next, set the And button.
5. Finally, set the second condition to “ is before or equal to ” and enter the second
Once the data is ﬁltered, Questions 2 and 3 can be answered by using the Subtotal
functions - sum, max, min, and count. We see in Exhibit 4.27 that the sum is
$7,364.67, the max is $2,211.82, the min is $56.92, and the count is 13.