Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Text to Column Command
Problems and Exercises
1. Identity the following data as either qualitative or quantitative:
a. Quarterly sales data in dollars for a SKU (stock keeping unit)
b. The country of birth for a job applicant
c. Your rank among your fellow high school graduates
d. Your random assignment to one of 26 rental cars
2. What is the likely information gathered in a credit card transaction. In other
words, what are the ﬁelds associated with a transaction record?
3. Every customer that visits my restaurant has data recorded on their visit. I use a
comment ﬁeld to enter information on whether customers are returning or new.
Is this the proper use of a comment ﬁeld? Why or why not?
4. Soft data analysis is not as useful as hard data analysis—T or F?
5. Create an Excel form that records the last name, age in years, annual income,
and average daily caloric intake of members of your hometown.
6. Create the following validation rules that pertain to anyone in your hometown
that is providing information for the ﬁelds in problem 5 above:
a. a last name of between 4 and 12 letters
b. ages must be older than 14 and less than 67
c. annual income must be below $500,000
d. caloric intake cannot include values up to and including 1000 calories
7. Place the Excel Help icon in your Quick Access Toolbar.
8. Copy and paste the following into a workbook:
a. A table from a Word document (so you will have to create the table below
in Word) into appropriate cells of a workbook: