Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Technology of LP
Right-Hand Side (RHS)
Non-Linear Programs (NLP)
Integer Programs (IP)
Mixed Integer Programs (MIP)
0-1 Integer Programs
Problems and Exercises
1. Name 2 types of Prescriptive Analysis and 2 types of Descriptive Analysis.
2. Simulation is to Linear Programming as Descriptive is to ___________?
3. Constrained optimization optimizes an objective function without regard to
factors that constrain the selection of decision variables—T or F?
4. Decision variables in Linear Programming are always integer valued—T or F?
5. Identify the following relationship as either linear of non-linear:
a. 2X + 3Y
b. 4/X + 3Y 2
c. 3XY – 8Y
6. For the following linear programs, what is the solution? Do not use Solver; use
a. Maximize: Z
4X; Subject to: X<
b. Maximize: Z
2X + 5Y; Subject to: X
c. Minimize: Z
12X + 2Y; Subject to: X>
3 and Y >
d. Minimize: Z
X – Y; Subject to: X>
0 and Y<
7. Knapsack Problem - Consider a number of possible investments in contracts
for various projects that can ﬁt into a budget (knapsack). Each investment in a
contract has a cost and a return in terms of millions of dollars, and the contracts