Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Removing words from the custom dictionary
When you choose the Add to Dictionary command, the given word is placed into the custom
dictionary. Recognizing that people may change their minds, Word allows you to edit its custom
dictionary, to remove words you may have added accidentally.
To remove unwanted words from the custom dictionary, follow these steps:
1. Click the Word Options button on the File tab’s menu.
The Word Options window shows up.
2. From the left side of the window, choose Proofing.
3. Click the button labeled Custom Dictionaries.
The Custom Dictionaries dialog box appears.
4. Select the item RoamingCustom.dic (Default).
It’s probably the only item in the list.
5. Click the button labeled Edit Word List.
You see a scrolling list of words you’ve added to the custom dictionary.
6. Find and select the word you want to remove from the dictionary.
The word is selected by clicking it once.
7. Click the Delete button.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 if you want to remove more words.
9. Click the OK button when you’re done editing the dictionary.
Close any other open windows.
The 25 most frequently misspelled words