Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
On the Project tab, in the Properties group, click Project Information , and then click
Here, again, you see the shorter duration and changed cost and work values.
Click Close .
CLEAN UP Close the Simple Assignments file.
▪ In Project, a task normally has work associated with it after a work resource (which
can be people or equipment) has been assigned to the task.
▪ You must assign resources to tasks before you can track the progress or cost of
▪ Project follows the scheduling formula Duration × Assignment Units = Work.
▪ Effort-driven scheduling determines whether work remains constant when you assign
additional resources to tasks. Effort-driven scheduling is turned off by default.
▪ The easiest way to understand effort-driven scheduling is to ask yourself this
question: If one person can do this task in 10 days, could two people do it in 5 days?
If so, effort-driven scheduling should be applied to the task.