Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
▪ Use the Task Path feature to quickly highlight predecessors and successors of the
▪ By using a combination of task relationships plus lead and lag time, you can more
accurately model when work should be done.
▪ When entering lead time between a predecessor task and successor task, entering
a percentage lead time value offers some flexibility because Project recalculates the
lead time value whenever the duration of the predecessor task changes.
▪ Think through the effects of semi-flexible and inflexible constraints on your schedules,
and use them sparingly.
▪ For tasks that must be completed at times other than the project’s normal working
time (as specified by the project calendar), you can create a new base calendar and
apply it to the task.
▪ You can interrupt work on a task by splitting it.