Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
▪ Good task names should be short verb phrases that will make sense to those who will
review the plan or perform the work.
▪ Essential aspects of tasks in a plan include their duration and order of occurrence.
▪ In Project, phases of a schedule are represented as summary tasks.
▪ Task links, or relationships, cause the start or end of one task to affect the start or end
of another task. A common task relationship is a finish-to-start relationship, in which
the completion of one task controls the start of another task.
▪ Tasks can be manually or automatically scheduled. For manually scheduled tasks, you
can record whatever information you might have about a task’s duration, start, and
finish values without affecting the overall plan.
▪ You can document additional details using task notes and create hyperlinks to the web.