Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Notice the type of information you can track on the Details page, which could be
useful when tracking billable tasks for clients.
TIP The default detail fields in the Task window are somewhat generic. Consider
whether your organization would benefit from tracking information such as this. If
the default fields don’t it your needs, you can create a custom form to track exactly
the information that is necessary for your needs.
CLEAN UP Close the task window.
SEE ALSO For information about changing the default settings for the Tasks module, see
“Configuring Office and Outlook options” in Chapter 11, “Customize Outlook.”
▪ The Outlook program window includes eight areas in which you work with Outlook or
with your Outlook items: the title bar, the ribbon, the Folder Pane, the content area,
the Reading Pane, the To-Do Bar, the Navigation Bar, and the status bar.
▪ You give commands from the ribbon and from the Quick Access Toolbar.
▪ Outlook stores information in individual modules that have unique user interface
▪ Each module and each type of item window have individually conigurable ribbons
and Quick Access Toolbars to streamline the user interface. You can make the
commands you want available specifically where you want them.
▪ The different item windows share certain common tabs, but each has a main tab that
contains all the commands you need when creating or working with a basic Outlook
item of that type.