Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
After you mark an instance of a recurring task as complete, Outlook generates a new
instance of the task at whatever interval you specified when creating the task.
Removing the lag from a lagged item such as a message or contact record retains the
item in its original location but removes it from your task list entirely.
To remove the lag from an item:
▪ In the Tasks module, click the lagged item to select it, and then click the Remove
from List button in the Manage Tasks group on the Home tab.
▪ In the Tasks peek, click the lagged item, and then click the Remove from List
button in the Manage Tasks group on the Task List tool tab.
▪ In either location, right-click the lagged item, click Follow-up , and then click
Clear Flag .
Deleting a task or lagged item moves the task or the original item to the Deleted Items
folder; it is permanently deleted when you empty that folder. No record of it remains on
your task list or in its original location (such as your Inbox).
To delete a task or lagged item:
▪ In the Tasks module, click the task to make it active and then on the Home tab, in the
Delete group, click the Delete button.
▪ In any view, right-click the task, and then click Delete .