Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Working with multiple calendars
The Calendar button or link on the Navigation Bar connects to the calendar of your
default email account. You can also display the following types of calendars in the Calendar
▪ Calendars of your other email accounts These are available automatically when
you configure Outlook to connect to an account.
▪ Custom calendars You create a calendar in the same way that you do a folder that
contains mail, contact records, or other items.
▪ Calendars of people within your organization Within an organization that uses
Exchange, you can display the availability of your co-workers, individually or in a
group, without special permission.
▪ Shared calendars Other Outlook users can share their calendars with you.
▪ SharePoint site calendars You can connect a SharePoint calendar to Outlook.
▪ Internet calendars You can subscribe to or import calendars from the Internet.
All these types of calendars are available to you from the Folder Pane in the Calendar module
or the Folder List in the Mail module. You can display these calendars in the following ways:
▪ In the Calendar module, the Folder Pane displays a list of the available calendars. You
display or hide a calendar by selecting or clearing its check box.
Available calendars in the Folder Pane of the Calendar module.