Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Make It Right
5. Click the Microsoft PowerPoint Help button on the title bar to open the PowerPoint Help window.
6. Search PowerPoint Help to answer the following questions.
a. What is a slide master?
b. How do you copy slides from another presentation into the existing presentation?
7. Quit PowerPoint.
8. Start Excel.
9. Click the Microsoft Excel Help button to open the Excel Help window.
10. Search Excel Help to answer the following questions.
a. What are three different functions available in Excel?
b. What are sparklines?
11. Quit Excel.
12. Start Access.
13. Click the Microsoft Access Help button to open the Access Help window.
14. Search Access Help to answer the following questions.
a. What is SQL?
b. What is a data macro?
15. Quit Access.
16. Type the answers from your searches in the Word document. Save the document with a new i le
name and then submit it in the format specii ed by your instructor.
17. Quit Word.
Make It Right
Analyze a i le structure and correct all errors and/or improve the design.
Organizing Vacation Photos
Instructions: See the inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for
Students, or contact your instructor for information on accessing the required i les.
Traditionally, you have stored photos from past vacations together in one folder. The photos are
becoming difi cult to manage, and you now want to store them in appropriate folders. You will create
the folder structure shown in Figure 108. You then will move the photos to the folders so that they will
be organized properly.
1. Connect a USB l ash drive to an available USB port to open the USB l ash drive window.
2. Using the techniques presented in the chapter, create the hierarchical folder structure shown in
3. Using the techniques presented in the chapter,
move the vacation photos to their appropriate
4. Submit your work in the format specii ed by