Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab
Use the guidelines, concepts, and skills presented in this chapter to increase your knowledge
of Windows 7 and Ofi ce 2010. Labs are listed in order of increasing difi culty.
Lab 1: Using Windows Help and Support
Problem: You have a few questions about using Windows 7 and would like to answer these questions
using Windows Help and Support.
Instructions: Use Windows Help and Support to perform the following tasks:
1. Display the Start menu and then click Help and Support to start Windows Help and Support.
2. Use the Help and Support Content page to answer the following questions.
a. How do you reduce computer screen l icker?
b. Which dialog box do you use to change the appearance of the mouse pointer?
c. How do you minimize all windows?
d. What is a VPN?
3. Use the Search Help text box in Windows Help and Support to answer the following questions.
a. How can you minimize all open windows on the desktop?
b. How do you start a program using the Run command?
c. What are the steps to add a toolbar to the taskbar?
d. What wizard do you use to remove unwanted desktop icons?
4. The tools to solve a problem while using Windows 7 are called troubleshooters . Use Windows Help
and Support to i nd the list of troubleshooters (Figure 109), and answer the following questions.
a. What problems does the HomeGroup troubleshooter allow you to resolve?
b. List i ve Windows 7 troubleshooters that are not listed in Figure 109.
5. Use Windows Help and Support to obtain
information about software licensing and
product activation, and answer the following
a. What is genuine Windows?
b. What is activation?
c. What steps are required to activate Windows?
d. What steps are required to read the Microsoft
Software License Terms?
e. Can you legally make a second copy of
Windows 7 for use at home, work, or on a
mobile computer or device?
f. What is registration?
6. Close the Windows Help and Support window.