Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab
Design and/or create a document using the guidelines, concepts, and skills presented in this
chapter. Labs are listed in order of increasing difi culty.
Lab 1: Creating a Flyer with a Picture
Problem: As a part-time employee in the Student Services Center at school, you have been asked to
prepare a l yer that advertises study habits classes. First, you prepare the unformatted l yer shown in
Figure 1– 78a, and then you format it so that it looks like Figure 1– 78b. Hint: Remember, if you make a
mistake while formatting the l yer, you can click the Undo button on the Quick Access Toolbar to undo
your last action.
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Start Word. Display formatting marks on the screen.
2. Type the l yer text, unformatted, as shown in Figure 1– 78a, inserting a blank line between the
headline and the body copy. If Word l ags any misspelled words as you type, check their spelling
and correct them.
3. Save the document using the i le name, Lab 1-1 Study Habits Flyer.
4. Center the headline and the signature line.
5. Change the theme colors to Concourse.
6. Change the font size of the headline to 36 point and the font to Ravie, or a similar font. Apply the
text effect called Gradient Fill – Dark Red, Accent 6, Inner Shadow.
7. Change the font size of body copy between the headline and the signature line to 20 point.
8. Change the font size of the signature line to 22 point. Bold the text in the signature line.
Figure 1–78 (a) Unformatted Flyer
Figure 1 78 (a) Unformatted Flyer