Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Extend Your Knowledge
Extend Your Knowledge
Extend the skills you learned in this chapter and experiment with new skills. You may need to
use Help to complete the assignment.
Working with References and Prooi ng Tools
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Start Word. Open the document, Extend 2-1 Digital Camera Paper Draft, from the Data
Files for Students. You will add another footnote to the paper, use the thesaurus, convert the document from
MLA to APA documentation style, convert the footnotes to endnotes, modify the Endnote Text style, change
the format of the note reference marks, and translate the document to another language (Figure 2– 81).
English to German
Figure 2– 81
Perform the following tasks:
1. Use Help to learn more about footers, footnotes and endnotes, bibliography styles, AutoCorrect,
and the Mini Translator.
2. Delete the footer from the document.
3. Insert a second footnote at an appropriate place in the research paper. Use the following footnote
text: For instance, Adams states that you may be able to crop photos, change the brightness, or
remove red eye effects.
4. Change the location of the footnotes from bottom of page to below text.
5. Use the Find and Replace dialog box to i nd the word, small, in the document and then replace it
with a word of your choice.
6. Save the document with a new i le name and then print it. On the printout, write the number of
words, characters without spaces, characters with spaces, paragraphs, and lines in the document. Be
sure to include footnote text in the statistics.
7. Select the entire document and then change the documentation style of the citations and
bibliography from MLA to APA. Save the APA version of the document with a new i le name
and then print it. Compare the two versions. Circle the differences between the two documents.
8. Convert the footnotes to endnotes.