Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Make It Right
9. Modify the Endnote Text style to 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced text with a
10. Change the format of the note reference marks to capital letters (A, B, etc.).
11. Add an AutoCorrect entry that replaces the word, camora, with the word, camera. Add this
sentence, A i eld camora usually is more than sufi cient for most users., to the end of the second
paragraph, misspelling the word camera to test the AutoCorrect entry. Delete the AutoCorrect
entry that replaces camora with the word, camera.
12. Display readability statistics. What are the Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level, the Flesch Reading Ease
score, and the percent of passive sentences?
13. Save the revised document with endnotes with a new i le name and then print it. On the printout,
write your response to the question in #12.
14. If you have an Internet connection, translate the research paper into a language of your choice using the
Translate button (Review tab | Language group). Submit the translated document in the format specii ed
by your instructor. Use the Mini Translator to hear how to pronounce three words in your paper.
Make It Right
Analyze a document and correct all errors and/or improve the design.
Inserting Missing Elements in an MLA-Styled Research Paper
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Start Word. Open the document, Make It Right 2-1 Biometrics Paper Draft, from the
Data Files for Students. The document is a research paper that is missing several elements. You are to
insert these missing elements, all formatted according to the MLA documentation style: header with a
page number, name and course information, paper title, footnote, and source information for a citation.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Insert a header with a page number (use
your own last name), name and course
information (your name, your instructor
name, your course name, and today’s
date), and an appropriate paper title,
all formatted according to the MLA
2. The Jenkins citation placeholder
is missing its source information
(Figure 2– 82). Use the following
source information to edit the source:
magazine article titled “Fingerprint
Readers” written by Arthur D. Jenkins
and Marissa K. Weavers, magazine
name is Security Today , publication date
is February 2012, article is on pages
55–60. Edit the citation so that it
displays the author name and the page
numbers of 55–56 for this reference.
to be i lled in
Figure 2– 82