Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab continued
(c) Page 3
11. Check the spelling and grammar of the paper at once.
12. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor. Save the document using Lab 2-1
Game Controllers Paper as the i le name.
13. Print the research paper. Handwrite the number of words, paragraphs, and characters in the
research paper above the title of your printed research paper.
In the Lab
Lab 2: Preparing a Research Report with a Footnote
Problem: You are a college student enrolled in an introductory English class. Your assignment is to
prepare a short research paper in any area of interest to you. The requirements are that the paper
be presented according to the MLA documentation style, contain at least one note positioned as
a footnote, and have three references. One of the three references must be from the Internet. You
prepare a paper about trends in agriculture (Figure 2– 84).
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Start Word. Modify the Normal style to 12-point Times New Roman font. Adjust line spacing to
double and remove space below (after) paragraphs. Update the Normal style to include the adjusted
line and paragraph spacing. Create a header to number pages. Type the name and course information
at the left margin. Center and type the title. Set a i rst-line indent for paragraphs in the body of the
2. Type the research paper as shown in Figures 2– 84a and 2– 84b. Insert the footnote as shown in
Figure 2– 84a. Change the Footnote Text style to the format specii ed in the MLA documentation
style. Change the bibliography style to MLA. As you insert citations, use the source information
listed below and on page WD 134:
a. Type of Source: Article in a Periodical
Author: Barton, Blake
Title: Computers in Agriculture
Periodical Title: Agriculture Today and Tomorrow
Publication Medium: Print