Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab continued
b. Type of Source: Book
Author: Newman, Albert D., and Carmen W. Ruiz
Title: The Agricultural Industry Today
City: New York
Publisher: Alabama Press
Publication Medium: Print
c. Type of Source: Web site
Author: Brewster, Letty
Name of Web page: Agriculture: Expanding and Growing
Publication Medium: Web
Year Accessed: 2012
Month Accessed: Feb.
Day Accessed: 9
3. At the end of the research paper text, press the enter key once and insert a manual page break
so that the Works Cited page begins on a new page. Enter and format the works cited title.
Use Word to insert the bibliographical list. Convert the bibliography i eld to text. Change the
underline format on the titles of the works to the italic format, and insert the correct publication
medium for each work.
4. Check the spelling and grammar of the paper.
5. Save the document using Lab 2-2 Agriculture Paper as the i le name.
6. Print the research paper. Handwrite the number of words, including the footnotes, in the research
paper above the title of your printed research paper.
In the Lab
Lab 3: Composing a Research Paper from Notes
Problem: You have drafted the notes shown in Figure 2– 85. Your assignment is to prepare a short
research paper from these notes.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Start Word. Review the notes in Figure 2– 85 and then rearrange and reword them. Embellish the
paper as you deem necessary. Present the paper according to the MLA documentation style.
Create an AutoCorrect entry that automatically corrects the spelling of the misspelled word,
digtal, to the correct spelling, digital. Set an AutoCorrect exception for CD., so that Word does not
lowercase the next typed letter.
Insert a footnote that refers the reader to the Web for more information. Enter citations and
their sources as shown.
Create the works cited page (bibliography) from the listed sources. Convert the bibliography
i eld to text. Change the underline format on the titles of the works to the italic format, and insert
the correct publication medium for each work.
2. If necessary, set the default dictionary. Add the word, Flickr, to the dictionary. Check the spelling
and grammar of the paper.