Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Make It Right
Make It Right
Analyze a document and correct all errors and/or improve the design.
Formatting a Business Letter
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Start Word. Create a new document from the i le called Make It Right 3-1 Scholarship
Letter Draft, located on the Data Files for Students. The document is a business letter that is missing
elements and is formatted poorly or incorrectly (Figure 3– 81). You are to insert and format clip art in
the letterhead, change the color of the text and graphic(s), insert symbols, remove a hyperlink, change
the letter style from block to modii ed block, and format the table.
format text in
insert and format
clip art image(s)
to bullet symbol
change style of
letter from block
to modii ed block
format the table
Figure 3– 81
Perform the following tasks:
1. Increase the font size of the text in the letterhead. Change the color of the text in the letterhead.
2. Locate and insert at least one appropriate clip art image in the letterhead. If necessary, resize the
graphic(s). Move the graphic(s) into the shape.
3. Change the color of the graphic to match the color of the text or shape. Adjust the brightness and
contrast of the graphic. Format one color in the graphic as transparent. Change the picture border
4. Change the asterisks in the contact information to the dot symbol. Convert the Web address
hyperlink to regular text.
5. The letter currently is the block letter style. It should be the modii ed block letter style. Format the
appropriate paragraphs by setting custom tab stops and then positioning those paragraphs at the
tab stops. Be sure to position the insertion point in the paragraph before setting the tab stop.
6. Merge the two cells in the i rst row of the table to one cell and then center the title in the cell.
Center the entire table between the page margins. Apply a table style of your choice.
7. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor. Save the revised document using
the i le name, Make It Right 3-1 Scholarship Letter Modii ed, and then submit it in the format
specii ed by your instructor.