Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Make It Right
Make It Right
Analyze a presentation and correct all errors and/or improve the design.
Correcting Formatting and List Levels
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Start PowerPoint. Open the presentation, Make It Right 1–1 Air Ducts, from the Data
Files for Students.
Members of your homeowners’ association are having their semiannual meeting, and each member
of the board is required to give a short presentation on the subject of energy savings. You have decided
to discuss the energy-saving benei ts of maintaining the air ducts in your home. Correct the formatting
problems and errors in the presentation while keeping in mind the guidelines presented in this chapter.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Change the document theme from Origin, shown in Figure 1–79, to Module.
2. On Slide 1, replace the words, Student Name, with your name. Format your name so that it
displays prominently on the slide.
3. Increase the size of the clip on Slide 1 and move it to the upper-right corner.
4. Move Slide 2 to the end of the presentation so that it becomes the new Slide 3.
5. On Slide 2, correct the spelling errors and then increase the font size of the Slide 2 title text,
Check Hidden Air Ducts, to 54 point. Increase the size of the clip and move it up to i ll the white
space on the right of the bulleted list.
6. On Slide 3, correct the spelling errors and then change the font size of the title text, Energy
Savings, to 54 point. Increase the indent levels for paragraphs 2 and 4. Increase the size of the clips.
Center the furnace clip at the bottom of the slide.
7. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor. Save the presentation using the
i le name, Make It Right 1–1 Ducts Presentation.
8. Apply the same transition and duration to all slides.
9. Submit the revised document in the format specii ed by your instructor.
increase clip size and
move to upper-right
theme to Module
substitute your name,
and then format text