Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab
Design and/or create a presentation using the guidelines, concepts, and skills presented in
this chapter. Labs 1, 2, and 3 are listed in order of increasing difi culty.
Lab 1: Creating a Presentation Inserting Pictures and Applying Picture Styles
Problem: You are studying German operas in your Music Appreciation class. Wilhelm Richard Wagner
(pronounced ‘va:gner’) lived from 1813 to 1883 and was a composer, conductor, theatre director, and
essayist known for his operas. Wagner wrote and composed many operas, and King Ludwig II of
Bavaria was one of his biggest supporters. Because you recently visited southern Germany and toured
King Ludwig’s castles, you decide to create a PowerPoint presentation with some of your photos to
accompany your class presentation. These pictures are available on the Data Files for Students. Create
the slides shown in Figure 2–77 from a blank presentation using the Ofi ce Theme document theme.
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. On Slide 1, create a background by inserting the picture called Castle 1, which is available on the
Data Files for Students.
2. Type Fairy Tale Trip to Germany as the Slide 1 title text. Apply the WordArt style,
Fill – Tan, Text 2, Outline – Background 2, and increase the font size to 60 point. Change the
text i ll to the Papyrus texture, and then change the text outline weight to 1½ pt. Also, apply the
Transform text effect, Arch Up (in the Follow Path area), to this text. Position this WordArt as
shown in Figure 2–77a.
3. Type the title and content for the four text slides shown in Figure 2–77. Apply the Two Content
layout to Slides 2 and 3 and the Picture with Caption layout to Slides 4 and 5.
4. On Slide 2, insert the picture called Castle 2 from the Data Files for Students in the right
placeholder. Apply the Bevel Perspective picture style. Resize the picture so that it is approximately
4.5" 3 6", change the border color to Purple, change the border weight to 6 pt, and then move the
picture, as shown in Figure 2–77b.
5. On Slide 3, insert the picture called Castle 3 from the Data Files for Students. Apply the Rel ected
Bevel, Black picture style and then change the border color to Green. Do not change the border weight.
6. On Slide 4, insert the picture called Castle 4 from the Data Files for Students. Apply the Beveled
Oval, Black picture style, change the border color to Blue, and then change the border weight to 6 pt.
7. On Slide 5, insert the picture called Castle 5 from the Data Files for Students. Apply the Moderate
Frame, Black picture style, change the border color to Purple, and then change the border weight
to 6 pt.
8. For both Slides 4 and 5, increase the title text size to 28 point and the caption text size to 24 point.
9. On Slide 2, change the title text font to Algerian, change the color to purple, and bold this text. Use
the Format Painter to apply these formatting changes to the Slide 3 title text. In Slide 3, insert the
Vertical Scroll shape located in the Stars and Banners area, apply the Subtle Effect – Purple, Accent
4 shape style, and change the shape outline weight to 3 pt. Type the text, Inspiration for
Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle , and then change the font to Curlz MT, or a similar
font. Bold this text, change the color to Dark Blue, and then change the size to 28 point. Increase
the scroll shape size, as shown in Figure 2–77c.
10. On Slides 2, 3, 4, and 5, change the background style to the White marble i ll texture (row 2,
column 5) and change the transparency to 35%. Apply the Glitter transition to all slides. Change
the duration to 04.50.