Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab
Lab 2: Creating a Presentation with a Shape and with WordArt
Problem: With the economy showing some improvement, many small businesses are approaching
lending institutions for loans to expand their businesses. You work part-time for Loans Are Us, and
your manager asked you to prepare a PowerPoint presentation for the upcoming Small Business Fair
in your community. The pictures for this presentation are available on the Data Files for Students.
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Create a new presentation using the Austin document theme.
2. Type the title and content for the title slide and the three text slides shown in Figure 2–78a–d.
Apply the Title Only layout to Slide 2, the Two Content layout to Slide 3, and the Picture with
Caption layout to Slide 4.
3. On both Slides 2 and 4, create a background by inserting the picture called Money. Change the
transparency to 35%.
4. On Slide 1, insert the picture called Meeting. Apply the Rel ected Bevel, White picture style.
Resize the picture so that it is approximately 3.76" 3 4.7", change the border color to Dark Blue,
change the border weight to 3 pt, and then move the picture, as shown in Figure 2–78a. Increase
the title text font size to 60 point, and then apply the WordArt style, Fill – Orange, Accent 6,
Warm Matte Bevel.
5. Increase the subtitle text, Loans Are Us, font size to 28 point and then bold and italicize this text.
Apply the WordArt style, Fill – Green, Accent 1, Metal Bevel, Rel ection.
6. On Slide 2, bold the title text. Insert the pictures called Doc1, Doc2, and Doc3. Resize these
pictures so they are approximately 3" x 2.7" and then move them to the locations shown in
Figure 2–78b. Insert the Flowchart: Decision shape located in the Flowchart area, apply the
Subtle Effect – Orange, Accent 6 shape style, and then resize the shape so that it is approximately
1.5" 3 5.83". Change the shape outline weight to 6 pt. Type Assets, Liabilities &
Sales Reports as the shape text, change the font to Aharoni, or a similar font, change the
color to Dark Blue, and then change the size to 24 point.
7. On Slide 3, bold the title text. Insert the picture called Presentation into the right placeholder,
apply the Beveled Oval, Black shape picture style, resize the picture so that it is approximately
3.5" 3 5.25", and then sharpen the picture 50%.
8. On Slide 4, insert the picture called Cash and Credit Card. Change the title text font size to
36 point and bold this text. Change the subtitle text font size to 24 point and then bold and italicize
9. Apply the Shape transition to all slides. Change the duration to 01.25.
10. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor. Save the presentation using the
i le name, Lab 2-2 Small Business Loans.
11. Submit the document in the format specii ed by your instructor.