Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
In the Lab
Lab 3: Creating a Presentation with Pictures and Shapes
Problem: One of your assignments in your child development class is to give a speech about teaching
children the value of money, so you decide to create a PowerPoint presentation to add a little interest
to your speech. Prepare the slides shown in Figures 2– 79a through 2– 79e. The pictures for this pre-
sentation are available on the Data Files for Students.
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Perform the following tasks:
1. Create a new presentation using the Median document theme, and then change the presentation
theme colors to Flow. This presentation should have i ve slides; apply the Title Slide layout to
Slide 1, the Picture with Caption layout to Slides 2 and 5, the Comparison layout to Slide 3, and
the Blank layout to Slide 4.
2. Type the title and content text for the title slide and the four text slides shown in Figure 2–79a–d.
3. On Slide 1, change the title text font size to 54 point. To make the letter ‘s’ appear smaller than
the other letters in the i rst word of the title slide title text placeholder, change the font size of this
letter to 44 point. Insert the Oval shape, resize it so that it is approximately 0.5" 3 0.5", and change
the shape i ll to white, which is the second color in the i rst row of the Theme Colors gallery.
Type $ , increase the font size to 48 point, change the color to green, and bold this dollar sign.
Cover the letter ‘o’ in the word, Do, with this shape.
4. Insert the picture called Piggy Bank. Apply the Rounded Diagonal Corner, White picture style.
Resize the picture so that it is approximately 4.4" 3 5.03", change the border color to Light Blue,
change the border weight to 3 pt, and then move the picture, as shown in Figure 2–79a. Change
the subtitle font size to 32 point and then bold this text.
5. On Slide 2, insert the picture called Child Doing Dishes and then decrease the picture’s contrast to
–20%. Change the title text size to 36 point and bold this text. Change the caption text size to 32 point.
6. On Slide 3, change the background style to Style 6. Bold the title text. Change the heading title text
size in both placeholders to 32 point. In the right placeholder, insert the picture called Father and
Daughter and then apply the Rel ected Bevel, White picture style. Resize the picture so that it is
approximately 3" 3 4", change the border color to Light Blue, and then change the border weight
to 3 pt, as shown in Figure 2–79c.
7. On Slide 4, create a background by inserting the picture called Piggy Bank and Coins. Insert the
Cloud shape located in the Basic Shapes area and then increase the cloud shape size so that it is
approximately 3" 3 5.6". Change the shape outline color to Yellow and then change the shape
outline weight to 3 pt. Type Teach your children to save for a big purchase.
as the shape text, and then change the font to Comic Sans MS. Bold and italicize this text and then
change the font size to 32 point.
8. On Slide 5, create a background by inserting the picture called Coins. Insert the picture called
Father and Child Shopping and then decrease the picture’s brightness to 2 20%. Change the title
text font size to 36 point and bold this text.
9. Apply the Box transition to all slides. Change the duration to 02.00. Check the spelling and correct
10. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor. Save the presentation using the
i le name, Lab 2-3 ABCs of Money.
11. Submit the revised document in the format specii ed by your instructor.