Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Apply Your Knowledge
Apply Your Knowledge
Reinforce the skills and apply the concepts you learned in this chapter.
Adding Artistic Effects to Pictures, Moving a Placeholder, and Inserting
and Controlling Audio Clips
Note: To complete this assignment, you will be required to use the Data Files for Students. See the
inside back cover of this topic for instructions on downloading the Data Files for Students, or contact
your instructor for information about accessing the required i les.
Instructions: Start PowerPoint. Open the presentation, Apply 3-1 SAD, from the Data Files for Students.
The i ve slides in the presentation, shown in Figure 3– 79, present information about Seasonal
Affective Disorder, also known as SAD, which is a mood disorder that occurs generally during the
winter months. The document you open is composed of slides containing pictures and clip art, and you
will apply artistic effects or modify some of these graphic elements. You also will insert audio clips from
Ofi ce.com. In addition, you will move the placeholder on the i nal slide.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Insert the audio clip, Sad Piano Music, into Slide 1 (Figure 3– 79a). Change the volume to Medium,
start the clip automatically, and hide the sound icon during the slide show. Then copy this audio clip
to Slides 2, 3, and 4 with the same options. Insert the audio clip, Variety Hour, into Slide 5, change
the volume to Medium, start the clip automatically, and hide the sound icon during the slide show.
2. On Slide 2, color the picture by selecting Yellow, Accent color 2 Dark from the Recolor area, as
shown in Figure 3– 79b.
3. On Slide 3, apply the Watercolor Sponge artistic effect to the picture, as shown in Figure 3– 79c.
4. On Slide 4, select the lamp clip and then change the Zoom level to 120%. Ungroup the lamp clip
and then recolor the arms to Dark Teal, Text 2, Lighter 10% (last color in fourth Theme Colors
column), as shown in Figure 3– 79d. Regroup the clip. Change the Zoom level to 69%.
5. On Slide 5, move the WordArt placeholder above the bird in the picture, as shown in Figure 3– 79e.
6. On Slide 1, type Up to 9 percent of U.S. adults may suffer from SAD. in
the Notes pane.
7. Check the slides for spelling errors and then run the revised presentation.
8. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor. Save the presentation using the
i le name, Apply 3-1 Seasonal Affective Disorder.
9. Submit the revised document in the format specii ed by your instructor.
Sad Piano Music audio
clip Inserted and copied
to Slides 2, 3, and 4
(a) Slide 1
(b) Slide 2
Figure 3 – 79