Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Make It Right
5. Resize each chart so that each snaps to the worksheet gridlines. You may need to scroll the
worksheet to resize and view the charts. Preview the worksheet.
6. Apply a worksheet name to the sheet tab and apply a color of your choice to the sheet tab.
7. Change the document properties as specii ed by your instructor. Save the workbook using the i le
name, Extend 1– 1 Pack Right Moving Supplies Charts. Submit the revised workbook as specii ed
by your instructor.
Make It Right
Analyze a workbook and correct all errors and/or improve the design.
Fixing Formatting Problems and Data Errors in a Worksheet
Instructions: Start Excel. Open the workbook Make It Right 1– 1 Pets. See the inside back cover of this
topic for instructions for downloading the Data Files for Students, or see your instructor for informa-
tion on accessing the i les required for this topic. Correct the following formatting problems and data
errors (Figure 1– 78) in the worksheet, while keeping in mind the guidelines presented in this chapter.
in cell A1
no total column
grand total does
in cell C3
in cell E8
sized and placed
Figure 1– 78
1. Merge and center the worksheet title and subtitle appropriately.
2. Format the worksheet title with a cell style appropriate for a worksheet title.
3. Format the subtitle using commands in the Font group on the Home tab on the Ribbon and apply
the Red, Accent 2 color to the subtitle.
4. Correct the spelling mistake in cell A1 by changing Quixotic to Exotic. Correct the spelling mistake
in cell C3 by changing Clevland to Cleveland.