Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
Instructions: Perform the following tasks.
1. Start Excel. Enter the worksheet title, A Healthy Body Shop, in cell A1 and the worksheet subtitle,
Annual Revenue Analysis, in cell A2. Beginning in row 3, enter the franchise locations, i tness
activities, and annual revenues shown in Table 1– 7.
Table 1– 7 A Healthy Body Shop Annual Revenues
Yoga & Stretching
2. Create totals for each franchise location, i tness activity, and company grand total.
3. Format the worksheet title with the Title cell style. Center the title across columns A through G.
Do not be concerned if the edges of the worksheet title are not displayed.
4. Format the worksheet subtitle to 14-point Constantia dark blue, bold font, and center it across
columns A through G.
5. Use Cell Styles to format the range A3:G3 with the Heading 3 cell style, the range A4:G8 with the
40% - Accent 6 cell style, and the range A9:G9 with the Total cell style. Center the column headers
in row 3. Apply the Accounting Number format to the range B4:G4 and the range B9:G9. Apply the
Comma Style to the range B5:G8. Adjust any column widths to the widest text entry in each column.
6. Select the range A3:F8 and then insert a Clustered Cylinder chart. Apply the Style 26 chart style to
the chart. Move and resize the chart so that it appears in the range A11:G24. If the labels along the
horizontal axis (x-axis) do not appear as shown in Figure 1– 79, then drag the right side of the chart
so that it is displayed in the range A11:G24.
7. Apply the worksheet name, Annual Revenue Analysis, to the sheet tab and apply the Orange, Accent 6,
Darker 25% color to the sheet tab. Change the document properties, as specii ed by your instructor.
8. Save the workbook using the i le name Lab 1-1 A Healthy Body Shop Annual Revenue Analysis.
9. Preview and print the worksheet in landscape orientation.
10. Make the following two corrections to the sales amounts: 62,675.45 for New York Weight Training
(cell D7), 67,238.56 for Portland Cardiovascular (cell F5). After you enter the corrections, the
company totals in cell G8 should equal $1,723,864.05.
11. Preview and print the revised worksheet in landscape orientation. Close the workbook without
saving the changes.
12. Submit the assignment as specii ed by your instructor.
In the Lab
Lab 2: Semiannual Sales Analysis Worksheet
Problem: As the chief accountant for Play ‘em Again, a reseller of cell phones, DVDs, electronic games,
MP3 players, and accessories, you have been asked by the vice president to create a worksheet to analyze
the semiannual sales for the company by products across sales channels (Figure 1– 80 on the following
page). The sales channels and corresponding revenue by product for the year are shown in Table 1– 8.