Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
In the Lab
Make It Right continued
Perform the following tasks:
1. Add a thick box border around the title and subtitle so that they appear more separated from the
rest of the worksheet.
2. Adjust the width of column D to 8.11 pixels so that the word in the column header does not wrap.
Adjust the column widths of columns F and G to best i t.
3. Spell check the worksheet and correct any spelling mistakes that are found, but ignore any spelling
mistakes found with the worksheet title and the product descriptions.
4. Center the values in the Product column.
5. The averages in several columns do not include the product in row 4. Adjust the functions in these
cells so that all products are included in the calculation.
6. The total sales calculations should be:
Total Sales = Units Sold * (Cost + Proi t)
Adjust the formulas in the range F4:F13 so that the correct formula is used.
7. The value for the lowest value in column E was entered as a number rather than as a function.
Replace the value with the appropriate function.
8. The currency values in rows 4 and 14 should be formatted with the Accounting Number Format
button (Home tab | Number group). They are currently formatted with the Currency format
(l oating dollar sign). The Accounting number format displays a i xed dollar sign.
9. Delete the function in the cell containing the average of % Proi t because it is mathematically
10. Change the document properties as specii ed by your instructor. Save the workbook using the
i le name, Make It Right 2 – 1 Dion Designwear Proi t Analysis Corrected. Submit the revised
workbook as specii ed by your instructor.
In the Lab
Design and/or create a workbook using the guidelines, concepts, and skills presented in this
chapter. Labs 1, 2, and 3 are listed in order of increasing difi culty.
Lab 1: Accounts Receivable Balance Worksheet
Problem: You are a part-time assistant in the accounting department at Ai cionado Guitar Parts, a
Chicago-based supplier of custom guitar parts. You have been asked to use Excel to generate a report
that summarizes the monthly accounts receivable balance (Figure 2–77). A chart of the balances also is
desired. The customer data in Table 2–6 is available for test purposes.
Table 2 – 6 Ai cionado Guitar Parts Accounts Receivable Data