Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Summing Things Up
Try it yourself! Here’s how to use the SUMIF function:
1. Enter two ranges of data in a worksheet.
At least one should contain numerical data. Make sure both ranges are
the same size.
2. Position the pointer in the cell where you want the results displayed.
3. Enter =SUMIF( to begin the function.
4. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the pointer over one of
This is the range that can be other than numerical data.
5. Enter a comma ( ,).
6. Click one of the cells in the first range.
This is the criteria.
7. Enter a comma ( ,).
8. Hold down the left mouse button and drag the pointer over the
This is the range that must contain numerical data.
9. Enter a ), and press Enter.