Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Analyzing Data with Percentiles and Bins
2, 3, or 4 when using QUARTILE.INC; or 1, 2, or 3 when using QUARTILE.EXC.
QUARTILE.EXC is used when the minimum and maximum values are to be
excluded, therefore, that version of the function does not take 0 0r 4 as the
Minimum value in the data
Value at the 25th percentile
Value at the 50th percentile
Value at the 75th percentile
Maximum value in the data
QUARTILE.INC (or QUARTILE.EXC) works on ordered data, but you don’t
have to do the sorting; the function takes care of that. In Figure 9-14, the
quartiles have been calculated. The minimum and maximum values have
been returned by using a 0 and a 4, respectively, as the second argument.
Here’s how to use the QUARTILE function:
1. Enter a list of numerical values.
3. Enter =QUARTILE.INC( to start the function.
4. Drag the pointer over the list, or enter the address of the range.
5. Enter a comma ( ,).
6. Enter a value between 0 and 4 for the second argument.
7. Enter a ) and press the Enter key.