Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables
from a list
4. In the PivotTable Fields task pane, drag field names into the
four areas (Filters, Columns, Rows, and Values) to construct your
As you construct your table, you see it take shape on-screen. You can
drag fields in and out of areas as you please. Drag one field name into
each of these areas:
• Rows: The field whose data you want to analyze.
• Columns: The field by which you want to measure and compare data.
• Values: The field with the values used for comparison.
• Filters (optional): A field you want to use to sort table data. (This
field’s name appears in the upper-left corner of the PivotTable. You
can open its drop-down list to sort the table; see “Sorting a list,”
earlier in this chapter.)