Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Putting Footers (and Headers) on Slides
4. Adjust and format the footer text boxes to taste (as they say in
For example, move the slide number text frame into the upper-right
corner to put slide numbers there. Or change the font in the footer text
boxes. Or place a company logo on the Slide Master to make the logo
appear on all your slides.
5. Click the Close Master View button to leave Slide Master view.
You can always return to Slide Master view and adjust your footer.
Removing a footer from a single slide
On a crowded slide, the date, footer text, page number, and other items in
the footer can get in the way or be a distraction. Fortunately, removing one
or all of the footer text frames from a slide is easy:
1. Switch to Normal view and display the slide with the footer that needs
2. On the Insert tab, click the Header & Footer button.
The Header and Footer dialog box appears.
3. Deselect check boxes — Date and Time, Slide Number, and Footer —
to tell PowerPoint which parts of the footer you want to remove.
4. Click the Apply button.
Be careful not to click the Apply to All button. Clicking this button
removes footers throughout your slide presentation.