Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Touching Up a Picture
• Changing the size of the box: Drag the side and corner handles of the
box to capture what you want to keep or remove.
• Marking what you want to keep: Click the Mark Areas to Keep button.
The pointer changes into a pencil. Click your picture to indicate what
you want to keep. Each time you click, a keep mark (a plus sign icon)
appears on your picture.
• Marking what you want to remove: Click the Mark Areas to Remove
button. The pointer changes to a pencil. Click your picture to
indicate what you want to remove. When you click, a remove mark (a
minus sign) appears.
• Deleting keep and remove marks: Click the Delete Mark button and
then click a keep or remove mark to remove a mark and change what
is and isn’t removed from the picture.
Of course, you can click the Undo button to backtrack as you work.
If you get thoroughly lost on the Background Removal tab, click the
Discard All Changes button and start all over.
parts of a
3. Click the Keep Changes button when you finish marking what you
want to keep and remove.
How do you like your picture now? If it needs more work, click the
Remove Background button again and diddle some more on the
Background Removal tab. Click the Discard All Changes button if you
want your original picture without the background removed.