Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Chapter 1: Customizing an Office Program
Renaming tabs and groups
Sorry, you can’t rename a command. Follow these steps to rename a tab
1. On the right side of the Customize Ribbon category of the Options
dialog box, select the tab or group you want to rename.
2. Click the Rename button.
You see the Rename dialog box, as shown in Figure 1-2.
3. Enter a new name and click OK.
When renaming a group, you can choose a symbol for the group in the
Rename dialog box (see Figure 1-2).
a tab (left)
and a group
Creating new tabs and groups
Create new tabs and groups on the Ribbon for commands that are especially
useful to you. Follow these steps on the Customize Ribbon category of the
Options dialog box (refer to Figure 1-1) to create a new tab or group:
1. On the right side of the dialog box, display and select the name of a
tab or group.
Earlier in this chapter, “Displaying and selecting tab, group, and
command names” explains how to select items in the Options dialog box.
• Tab: If you’re creating a tab, select a tab name. The tab you create
will appear after the tab you select.
• Group: If you’re creating a group, select a group name. The group you
create will appear after the group you select.
2. Click the New Tab or New Group button.