Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Follow these steps to hyperlink your file to a web page on the Internet:
1. Select the text or object that will form the hyperlink.
For example, select a line of text or phrase if you want viewers to be able
to click it to go to a web page.
2. On the Insert tab, click the Hyperlink button (or press Ctrl+K).
Depending on the size of your screen, you may have to click the Links
button before you can get to the Hyperlink button. You see the Insert
Hyperlink dialog box, as shown in Figure 2-7. You can also open this
dialog box by right-clicking an object or text and choosing Hyperlink on
the shortcut menu.
3. Under Link To, select Existing File or Web Page.
4. In the Address text box, enter the address of the web page to which
you want to link, as shown in Figure 2-7.
target in the
text box to
a web page.
From easiest to hardest, here are techniques for entering web page
• Click the Browse the Web button: Your web browser opens after you
click this button. Go to the web page you want to link to, copy the
page’s address in your web browser, and paste the address in the
Address text box. (Figure 2-7 shows where the Browse the Web