Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Managing Recurring Tasks
Follow these steps to create a regenerating task:
1. Open the task by double-clicking it.
The Task form appears.
2. Click the Recurrence button in the Ribbon (or press Ctrl+G).
The Task Recurrence dialog box appears (see Figure 9-11).
a task in
3. Click the Regenerate New Task option.
4. Enter the number of days between regenerating each task.
5. Click the OK button.
A banner appears in the Task form that describes the regeneration
pattern you’ve set for the task.
6. Click the Save & Close button.
Your task appears in the list of tasks once, but it has a different type of icon
than nonrecurring tasks have so that you can tell at a glance that it’s a
Skipping a recurring task once
When you need to skip a single occurrence of a recurring task, you don’t
have to change the recurrence pattern of the task forever; just skip the
occurrence you want to skip and leave the rest alone.