Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Flipping and Rotating Objects
Rotating an object 90 degrees
You can rotate an object in 90-degree increments by following these steps:
1. Choose the object that you want to rotate.
2. Open the Drawing Tools tab, click the choose Rotate button on the
Arrange group, and then choose Rotate Right or Rotate Left.
3. To rotate the object 180 degrees, click the appropriate Rotate button
Using the rotate handle
Remember how all the bad guys’ hideouts were slanted in the old Batman TV
show? The rotate handle lets you give your drawings that same kind of slant.
With the rotate handle, you can rotate an object to any arbitrary angle just by
dragging it with the mouse.
The rotate handle is the green handle that appears when you select an object
that can be rotated. The rotate handle appears above the object, connected
to the object by a line, as shown in Figure 12-9. You can rotate an object to
any angle simply by dragging the rotate handle.
Figure 12-9: The rotate handle lets you rotate an object to any arbitrary angle.
The following steps show you how to use the rotate handle:
1. Click the object that you want to rotate.
2. Drag the rotate handle in the direction that you want to rotate the object.
As you drag, an outline of the object rotates around. When you get the
object’s outline to the angle you want, release the mouse button, and
the object is redrawn at the new angle.