Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Click cell J7 to make it the active cell and display the ScreenTip.
Enter 25000 , and press Enter .
On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click the Data Validation arrow and then,
in the list, click Circle Invalid Data . A red circle appears around the value in cell J4 .
In the Data Validation list, click Clear Validation Circles to remove the red circle from
around the value in cell J4 .
CLEAN UP Close the Credit workbook, saving your changes if you want to.
▪ A number of filters are defined in Excel. (You might find that the one you want is
▪ Filtering an Excel worksheet based on values in a single column is easy to do, but you
can create a custom filter to limit your data based on the values in more than one
column as well.
▪ With the search filter capability, you can limit the data in your worksheets based on
characters the terms contain.
▪ Don’t forget that you can get a running total (or an average, or any one of several
other summary operations) for the values in a group of cells. Just select the cells and
look on the status bar: the result will be there.
▪ Use data validation techniques to improve the accuracy of data entered into your
worksheets and to identify data that doesn’t meet the guidelines you set.