Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
▪ You can rearrange the data in a worksheet quickly by clicking either the Sort
Ascending or Sort Descending button in the Sort & Filter group on the Data tab.
▪ Don’t forget that you can sort the rows in a worksheet by using orders other than
alphabetical or numerical. For example, you can sort a series of days based on their
order in the week or by cell color.
▪ If none of the existing sort orders (days, weekdays, and so on) meets your needs, you
can create your own custom sort order.
▪ You can divide the data in your worksheet into levels and find a subtotal for each
▪ By creating subtotals, you can show or hide groups of data in your worksheets.
▪ You can use the VLOOKUP function to look up a value in one column of data and
return a value from another column in the same row.