Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
▪ A PivotTable is a versatile tool that you can use to rearrange your data dynamically,
enabling you to emphasize different aspects of your data without creating new
▪ PivotTable data must be formatted as a list. By using a data table as the PivotTable
data source, you can streamline the creation process by referring to the table name
instead of being required to select the entire range that contains the data you want
▪ You can choose from a variety of styles when you create PivotTables.
▪ With the PivotTable Fields pane, you can create your PivotTable by using a
straightforward, compact tool.
▪ Just as you can limit the data shown in a static worksheet, you can use filters to limit
the data shown in a PivotTable.
▪ If you have data in a compatible format, such as a text file, you can import that data
into Excel and create a PivotTable from it.
▪ You can summarize your data visually by using a PivotChart, which you can pivot just
like a PivotTable.