Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
▪ You can enter a series of data quickly by entering one or more values in adjacent cells,
selecting the cells, and then dragging the ill handle. To change how dragging the ill
handle extends a data series, hold down the Ctrl key.
▪ Dragging a ill handle displays the Auto Fill Options button, which you can use to
specify whether to copy the selected cells’ values, extend a recognized series, or
apply the selected cells’ formatting to the new cells.
▪ Managing data by using Flash Fill enables you to separate cell entries into their
components, apply formatting, and ix values such as postal codes that have had
their leading zeros removed.
▪ With Excel, you can enter data by selecting items from a list, using AutoComplete, or
pressing Ctrl+Enter. You should experiment with these techniques and use the one
that best its your circumstances.
▪ When you copy (or cut) and paste cells, columns, or rows, you can use the Paste Live
Preview capability to preview how your data will appear before you commit to the
▪ After you paste cells, rows, or columns into your worksheet, Excel displays the Paste
Options action button. You can use its controls to change which aspects of the cut or
copied elements Excel applies to the pasted elements.
▪ By using the options in the Paste Special dialog box, you can paste only specific
aspects of cut or copied data, perform mathematical operations, transpose data, or
delete blank cells when pasting.