Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Moving and Copying Files and Folders
3. In the right pane, double-click the Job Hunt folder to display its contents. The
Job Hunt folder now contains the Resume file.
Next, you’ll move the Stationery file from the Tutorial folder to the Job Hunt
To use keyboard shortcuts
to move files, click the file
you want to move, press
Ctrl+X to cut the file,
navigate to a new location,
and then press Ctrl+V to
paste the file.
4. Click the Back button on the Address bar to return to the Tutorial folder,
right-click the Stationery file in the folder window, and then click Cut on the
5. Right-click the Job Hunt folder, and then click Paste on the shortcut menu.
6. Click the Forward button on the Address bar to return to the Job Hunt folder.
It now contains the Resume and Stationery files. See Figure 8.
Moving ﬁ les
Job Hunt is the
two files now
appear in the
Job Hunt folder
7. Click the Back button
to return to the Tutorial folder.
You can also copy a ﬁ le using the same techniques as when you move a ﬁ le—by
dragging with the right mouse button or by using the Clipboard. You can copy more than one
ﬁ le at the same time by selecting all the ﬁ les you want to copy, and then clicking them
as a group. To select ﬁ les that are listed together in a window, click the ﬁ rst ﬁ le in the
list, hold down the Shift key, click the last ﬁ le in the list, and then release the Shift key.
To select ﬁ les that are not listed together, click one ﬁ le, hold down the Ctrl key, click the
other ﬁ les, and then release the Ctrl key.
Copying a File or Folder in a Folder Window
• Right-click and drag the file or folder you want to move to the destination folder.
• Click Copy here on the shortcut menu.
• Right-click the file or folder you want to copy, and then click Copy on the shortcut
menu. (You can also click the file or folder and then press the Ctrl+C keys.)
• Navigate to and right-click the destination folder, and then click Paste on the shortcut
menu. (You can also click the destination folder and then press the Ctrl+V keys.)
You’ll copy the three graphics ﬁ les from the Tutorial folder to the Graphics folder now.