Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
To extract the compressed files:
1. Right-click the Final Files compressed folder, and then click Extract All on the
shortcut menu. The Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folders dialog box opens.
2. Press the End key to deselect the path in the text box, press the Backspace key
as many times as necessary to delete Final Files , and then type Extracted . The
final three parts of the path in the text box should be \FM\Tutorial\Extracted . See
Extracting compressed ﬁ les
your path might differ,
but should end with
Tutorial Extracted \
this check box should
3. Make sure the Show extracted files when complete check box is checked, and
then click the Extract button. The Extracted folder opens, showing the Graphics,
Job Hunt, and Playground folders.
4. Open each folder to make sure it contains the files you worked with in this tutorial.
5. Close all open windows.
1. What do you call a named collection of data stored on a disk?
2. The letter C is typically used for the
drive of a computer.
3. The term
refers to any window that displays the contents of
4. Describe the difference between the left and right panes of the Windows
5. What does the ﬁ le path tell you?
6. True or False. The advantage of moving a ﬁ le or folder by dragging with the right
mouse button is that you can efﬁ ciently complete your work with one action.
7. What does a ﬁ lename indicate?
8. Is a ﬁ le deleted from a compressed folder when you extract it?