Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Practice the skills
you learned in
For a list of Data Files in the Review folder, see page FM 1.
Complete the following steps, recording your answers to any questions:
1. Use a folder window as necessary to ﬁ nd the following information:
• Where are you supposed to store the ﬁ les you use in the Review Assignments for
• Describe the method you will use to navigate to the location where you save
your ﬁ les for this topic.
• Do you need to follow any special guidelines or conventions when naming the
ﬁ les you save for this topic? For example, should all the ﬁ lenames start with your
course number or tutorial number? If so, describe the conventions.
• When you are instructed to open a ﬁ le for this topic, what location are you
supposed to use?
• Describe the method you will use to navigate to this location.
2. Use a folder window to navigate to and open the FM\Review folder provided with
your Data Files.
3. In the Review folder, create three folders: Business , Marketing , and Project .
4. Move the Bills , Budget , Plan , Receipt , and Sales ﬁ les from the Review folder to the
5. Move the Brochure ﬁ le to the Marketing folder.
6. Copy the remaining ﬁ les to the Project folder.
7. Delete the ﬁ les in the Review folder (do not delete any folders).
8. Rename the Photo ﬁ le in the Project folder as Pond .
9. Create a compressed (zipped) folder in the Review folder named Final Review that
contains all the ﬁ les and folders in the Review folder.
10. Extract the contents of the Final Review folder to a new folder named Extracted .
Hint : The ﬁ le path will end with \FM\Review\Extracted .)
11. Locate all copies of the Budget ﬁ le in the subfolders of the Review folder. In which
locations did you ﬁ nd this ﬁ le?
12. Close all open windows.
13. Submit the results of the preceding steps to your instructor, either in printed or
electronic form, as requested.
Case Problem 1
Use your skills to
manage i les and
folders for an arts
For a list of Data Files in the Case1 folder, see page FM 1.
Jefferson Street Fine Arts Center Rae Wysnewski owns the Jefferson Street Fine Arts Center
(JSFAC) in Pittsburgh, and offers classes and gallery, studio, and practice space for young
artists, musicians, and dancers. Rae opened JSFAC two years ago, and this year the center has
a record enrollment in its classes. She hires you to teach a painting class and to show her
how to manage her ﬁ les on her new Windows 7 computer. Complete the following steps:
1. In the FM\Case1 folder in your Data Files, create two folders: Invoices and Art Class .
2. Move the Inv01 , Inv02 , and Inv03 ﬁ les from the Case1 folder to the Invoices folder.
3. In the Invoices folder, rename the Inv01 ﬁ le as Jan , the Inv02 ﬁ le as Feb , and the
Inv03 ﬁ le as March .
4. Move the three text documents from the Case1 folder to the Art Class folder. Rename
the three documents, using shorter but still descriptive names.