Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
5. Copy the remaining ﬁ les in the Case1 folder to the Art Class folder.
6. Switch to Details view, if necessary, and then answer the following questions:
• What is the largest ﬁ le in the Art Class folder?
• How many ﬁ les in the Art Class folder are JPEG images?
7. Delete the Garden and Sculpture ﬁ les from the Case1 folder.
8. Open the Recycle Bin folder by double-clicking the Recycle Bin icon on the
desktop. Do the Garden and Sculpture ﬁ les appear in the Recycle Bin folder? Explain
why or why not. Close the Recycle Bin window.
9. Make a copy of the Art Class folder in the Case1 folder. The duplicate folder appears
as Art Class − Copy. Rename the Art Class − Copy folder as Images .
10. Delete the text ﬁ les from the Images folder.
11. Delete the Garden and Sculpture ﬁ les from the Art Class folder.
12. Close all open windows, and then submit the results of the preceding steps to your
instructor, either in printed or electronic form, as requested.
Case Problem 2
Use your skills to
manage i les for
a social service
There are no Data Files needed for this Case Problem.
First Call Outreach Victor Crillo is the director of a social service organization named
First Call Outreach in Toledo, Ohio. Its mission is to connect people who need help from
local and state agencies to the appropriate service. Victor has a dedicated staff, but they
are all relatively new to Windows 7. Because of this, they often have trouble ﬁ nding ﬁ les
that they have saved on their hard disks. He asks you to demonstrate how to ﬁ nd ﬁ les in
Windows 7. Complete the following:
1. Windows 7 Help and Support includes topics that explain how to search for ﬁ les on
a disk without looking through all the folders. Click the Start button, click Help and
Support, and then use one of the following methods to locate topics on searching
for ﬁ les:
• In the Windows Help and Support window, click the Learn about Windows
Basics link. Click the Working with ﬁ les and folders link.
• In the Windows Help and Support window, click the Browse Help topics link. (If
necessary, click the Home icon ﬁ rst, and then click the Browse Help topics link.)
Click the Files, folders, and libraries link, and then click Working with ﬁ les and
• In the Search Help box, type searching for ﬁ les , and then press the Enter key.
Click the Working with ﬁ les and folders link.
2. In the In this article section, click Finding ﬁ les. Read the topic and click any See also
or For more information links, if necessary, to provide the following information:
a. Where is the Search box located?
b. Do you need to type the entire ﬁ lename to ﬁ nd the ﬁ le?
c. What does it mean to ﬁ lter the view?
3. Use the Windows 7 Help and Support window to locate topics related to using
libraries. Read the topics to answer the following questions:
a. What are the names of the four default libraries?
b. When you move, copy, or save ﬁ les in the Pictures library, in what folder are they
c. What can you click to play all the music ﬁ les in the Music library?
4. Submit the results of the preceding steps to your instructor, either in printed or
electronic form, as requested.