Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Using Galleries and Live Preview
program during the current work session. A dialog box is a window from which you enter
or choose settings for how you want to perform a task. For example, the Page Setup dialog
box in Word contains options to change how the document looks. Some dialog boxes
organize related information into tabs, and related options and settings are organized into
groups, just as they are on the Ribbon. You select settings in a dialog box using option
buttons, check boxes, text boxes, and lists to specify how you want to perform a task. In
Excel, you’ll use the Dialog Box Launcher to open the Page Setup dialog box.
To open the Page Setup dialog box using the Dialog Box Launcher:
1. On the taskbar, click the Microsoft Excel program button
to switch from
Word to Excel.
2. On the Ribbon, click the Page Layout tab. The page layout options appear on the
3. In the Page Setup group, click the Dialog Box Launcher . The Page Setup dialog
box opens with the Page tab displayed. See Figure 11.
Page tab in the Page Setup dialog box
click this Dialog
Box Launcher to
open the Page
Setup dialog box
click a tab to view
a group of rel ated
click the up or down
arrow to increase or
decrease the number
click an option
button to select
click the arrow and
then click an option
in the list
click a button to
open another dialog
box or window
click in the box
and type an entry
click to close the
dialog box without
click to accept the
changes and close
the dialog box
4. Click the Landscape option button. The workbook’s page orientation changes to a
page wider than it is long.
5. Click the Sheet tab. The dialog box displays options related to the worksheet. You
can click a check box to turn an option on (checked) or off (unchecked).
You can check more than
one check box in a group,
but you can select only one
option button in a group.
6. In the Print section of the dialog box, click the Gridlines check box and the Row
and column headings check box. Check marks appear in both check boxes,
indicating that these options are selected.
7. Click the Cancel button. The dialog box closes without making any changes to the