Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Closing a File
Opening an Existing File
• Click the File tab to open Backstage view, and then click the Open command in the
• In the Open dialog box, navigate to the storage location of the file you want to open.
• Click the filename of the file you want to open.
• Click the Open button.
• If necessary, click the Enable Editing button in the Information Bar.
• Click the File tab, and then click the Recent tab in the navigation bar.
• Click a filename in the Recent list.
Any ﬁ le you open that was downloaded from the Internet, accessed from a shared
network, or received as an email attachment might open in a read-only format, called
Protected View . In Protected View, you can see the ﬁ le contents, but you cannot edit,
save, or print them until you enable editing. To do so, click the Enable Editing button on
the Information Bar, as shown in Figure 18.
Protected View warning
click to allow
and printing of
You need to print the meeting agenda you typed for Ean. To do that, you’ll reopen the
To open the Agenda document:
1. On the Ribbon, click the File tab to display Backstage view.
2. In the navigation bar, click the Open command. The Open dialog box, which
works similarly to the Save As dialog box, opens.
3. In the Open dialog box, use the Navigation pane or the Address bar to navigate
to the Office\Tutorial folder included with your Data Files. This is the location
where you saved the Agenda document.
4. In the file list, click Agenda . See Figure 19.