Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
Practice the skills
you learned in
Data Files needed for the Review Assignments: Finances.xlsx, Letter.docx
You need to prepare for an upcoming meeting at Recycled Palette. You’ll open and print
documents for the meeting. Complete the following:
1. Start PowerPoint, and then start Excel.
2. Switch to the PowerPoint window, and then close the presentation but leave the
PowerPoint program open. ( Hint : Use the Close command in Backstage view.)
3. Open a blank PowerPoint presentation from the New tab in Backstage view. ( Hint :
Make sure Blank presentation is selected in the Available Templates and Themes
section, and then click the Create button.)
4. Close the PowerPoint presentation and program using the Close button on the
PowerPoint title bar; do not save changes if asked.
5. Open the Finances workbook located in the Ofﬁ ce\Review folder. If the workbook
opens in Protected View, click the Enable Editing button.
6. Use the Save As command to save the workbook as Recycled Palette Finances in the
Ofﬁ ce\Review folder.
7. In cell A1, type your name, press the Enter key to insert your name at the top of the
worksheet, and then save the workbook.
8. Preview and print one copy of the worksheet using the Print tab in Backstage view.
9. Exit Excel using the Exit command in Backstage view.
10. Start Word, and then open the Letter document located in the Ofﬁ ce\Review folder.
If the document opens in Protected View, click the Enable Editing button.
11. Use the Save As command to save the document with the ﬁ lename Recycled Palette
Letter in the Ofﬁ ce\Review folder.
12. Press and hold the Ctrl key, press the End key, and then release both keys to move
the insertion point to the end of the letter, and then type your name.
13. Use the Save button to save the change to the Recycled Palette Letter document.
14. Preview and print one copy of the document using the Print tab in Backstage view.
15. Close the document, and then exit the Word program.
16. Submit the ﬁ nished ﬁ les to your instructor.
SAM: Skills Assessment Manager
For current SAM information, including versions and content details, visit SAM Central
http://samcentral.course.com). If you have a SAM user proﬁ le, you may have access to (
hands-on instruction, practice, and assessment of the skills covered in this tutorial. Since
various versions of SAM are supported throughout the life of this text, check with your
instructor for the correct instructions and URL/Web site for accessing assignments.
ENDING DATA FILES
Recycled Palette Finances.xlsx
Recycled Palette Letter.docx