Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
3. Insert a header row using the bold headers Company , Contact , Phone , and Email .
4. Sort the list alphabetically by Company, and then replace the name “Katherine
Shropshire” with your ﬁ rst and last name.
5. Change the page orientation to landscape, and then drag the Table Resize handle
(located just outside the lower-right corner of the table) until the table is 7 inches
wide and 3 inches high.
6. Format the table using the Light List – Accent 6 style, and change the document
theme to Angles.
7. Save and preview the document, and then submit the ﬁ nished document to your
instructor, either in printed or electronic form, as requested. Close the document.
8. Open the ﬁ le named Table located in the Word3\Case3 folder included with your
Data Files, and then save it as Expense Table in the same folder.
9. Select the cell containing the word TOTAL, and the blank cell to its right, then click
the Merge Cells button in the Merge group on the Tables Tools Layout tab.
10. Experiment with the Alignment buttons on the Table Tools Layout tab, and then align
the word “TOTAL” on the right of the new, larger cell using the Align Top Right
button. Do the same for the four cells below the Expense header (including the blank
cell at the bottom of the Expense column).
11. Click the blank cell at the bottom of the Expense column and then, in the Data group,
click the Formula button. The Formula dialog box opens. Make sure the formula
“=SUM(ABOVE)” appears in the Formula text box, make sure the other two text boxes
are blank, and then click the OK button to display the total in the selected cell.
12. Adjust the width of each column so it is just wide enough for its widest entry,
change the document theme to Angles, and then format the table with the Colorful
List table style.
13. Save and preview the document, and then submit the ﬁ nished document to your
instructor, either in printed or electronic form, as requested.
Case Problem 4
Use your table
skills to create
sheet shown in
There are no Data Files needed for this Case Problem.
Herschel Astronomical Society Sarah Vernon coordinates star-gazing tours for the
Herschel Astronomical Society. To ensure that participants can see as well as possible in
the night sky, they are asked to follow a set of rules that astronomers refer to as a dark
sky protocol. You can use Word table features to create an instruction sheet describing
the club’s dark sky protocol. Figure 3-42 shows Sarah’s sketch.