Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
14. Flip the photo horizontally.
15. Resize the photo so it is 1.5 inches tall, and then remove the green background,
retaining only the image of the sunﬂ ower.
16. Apply Tight text wrapping, then position and align the photo in the middle of the
paragraph, on the left margin.
17. Use the Picture Effects button in the Picture Styles group on the Picture Tools Format
tab to add an olive green glow to the sunﬂ ower.
18. Balance the columns.
19. Save your work, submit the ﬁ nished documents to your instructor, either in printed
or electronic form, as requested, and then close the ﬁ les.
Case Problem 2
skills to create
Data Files needed for this Case Problem: Island.jpg, News.docx
Flannery Investments You work in the Personnel Department for Flannery Investments,
a national investment company with headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. You’ve
been assigned the task of preparing the monthly newsletter Flannery News , which
provides news about employees of Flannery Investments. You will use text written by other
employees for the body of the newsletter. Complete the following steps:
1. Open the ﬁ le News located in the Word4\Case2 folder included with your Data
Files, and then save it as Flannery Newsletter in the same folder.
2. Replace all instances of the name “Daniela” in the document with your ﬁ rst name.
Then replace all instances of “Alford” with your last name.
3. At the top of the newsletter, create a Flannery News WordArt headline attached to
a new, blank paragraph. Use the WordArt style in the bottom row, in the far right
4. Apply Top and Bottom text wrapping, change the font size to 45 points, and then
center the WordArt at the top of the page 1inch from the top margin.
5. Format the body of the newsletter into three newspaper-style columns. Don’t be
concerned that the newsletter spans more than one page.
6. Insert a drop cap in the ﬁ rst paragraph after each Heading 2 heading.
7. In the paragraph below the heading “Win a Vacation Get-Away,” insert the photo
named Island from the Word4\Case2 folder included with your Data Files.
8. Crop about a third of the photo from the left and right sides, so that you only see the
pier stretching out into the water, and the photo is about .5 inches wide.
9. Use the Position button to position and align the photo in the middle of the page,
along the left margin.
10. Balance the columns on the ﬁ rst page of the newsletter.
11. In the left column on page 2, insert clip art of a golfer from the collection on your
computer, resize it so it is 1 inch wide, apply Tight text wrapping, and then position
and align it on the left margin, two lines below the drop cap.
12. Flip the clip art horizontally, so the golfer is facing the middle of the page.
13. Use the Color button in the Adjust group on the Picture Tools Format tab to change
the color of the clip art to Green, Accent color 1 Light.
14. Insert two column breaks on page 2 to create a total of three columns of
approximately equal length.
15. Add a page border of yellow stars to the entire document, and have the border
measured from the text margins.
16. Save your work, submit the ﬁ nished documents to your instructor, either in printed
or electronic form, as requested, and then close any open ﬁ les.