Microsoft Office Tutorials and References
In Depth Information
11. In cell E11, enter Total DVDs . In cell F11, use the SUM function to calculate the total
number of DVDs created for all customers. In cell I11, use the AutoSum feature to
insert the SUM function to calculate the total charges for all of the customer orders.
12. Use Edit mode to make the following corrections:
a. In cell D6, change the street address from “25 Lee St.” to 2500 Lee St.
b. In cell F9, change the number of DVDs from “15” to .
c. In cell H8, change the shipping charge from “$7.23” to $8.23 .
13. Use the Find and Replace commands to replace all occurrences of “St.” with Street ,
“Ln.” with Lane , and “Ave.” with Avenue .
14. Change the page layout of the Customer Orders worksheet to print in landscape
orientation on a single page.
15. Preview and print the contents of the entire workbook.
16. Change the Customer Orders worksheet to formula view, landscape orientation, and
scaled to ﬁ t on a single page. Preview and print the Customer Orders worksheet.
17. Return the view of the Customer Orders worksheet to Normal view, save your
changes to the Order Report workbook, and then save the current workbook as
Revised Report in the Excel1\Review folder. ( Hint : Use the Save As command in
Backstage view to save the existing workbook with a new name.)
18. Remove Kay Dexter’s order from the Customer Orders worksheet.
19. Add the following order directly after the order placed by June Romano: date
4/22/2013 ; name Patrick Crawford ; address 200 Valley View Road, Rome, GA
30161 ; phone (706) 555-0998 ; DVDs ; price per DVD $16.55 ; shipping 14
charge $12.45 .
20. Use Edit mode to change the ending date of the report in cell A4 from “April 17” to
April 22 .
21. Save the workbook, preview and print the contents and formulas of the revised
Customer Orders worksheet, close the workbook, and then submit the ﬁ nished
workbooks and printouts to your instructor.
If you have a SAM 2010 user profile, your instructor may have assigned an
autogradable version of this assignment. If so, log into the SAM 2010 Web site at
www.cengage.com/sam2010 to download the instructions and start files.
Case Problem 1
Data File needed for this Case Problem: Altac.xlsx
Altac Bicycles Deborah York is a ﬁ nancial consultant for Altac Bicycles, an online seller
of bicycles and bicycle equipment based in Silver City, New Mexico. She has entered
some ﬁ nancial information in an Excel workbook for an income statement she is
preparing for the company. You will enter the remaining data and formulas. Complete the
1. Open the Altac workbook located in the Excel1\Case1 folder, and then save the
workbook as Altac Bicycles in the same folder.
2. Insert three new rows at the top of the Sheet1 worksheet, and then enter the
following text on two lines within cell A1:
3. In cell A2, enter For the Years Ended December 31, 2011 through December 31, 2013 .
4. In the range C6:E7, enter the following net sales and cost of sales ﬁ gures:
Cost of Sales